The Pack 60 Fishing Derby is back for 2021!
It will be held at Edgewater Park at the Colby Lake Fishing pier on Thursday, July 29th from 6:30-8 pm. No fishing gear, no problem - The Pack will provide bait and some rods and tackle. (please bring your own as well if you have gear). Prizes will be awarded for the most and biggest fish. There should be sufficient room for Scouts and parents on the fishing pier and can also spread out along the shore. Please arrive as close to 6:30 pm as possible and the Derby will begin at 6:45. It will run for one hour and conclude at 7:45 with prizes awarded thereafter.
This is also a "bring a friend" event - please bring friends who may be interested in Scouting. Wear your Pack 60 "class B" t-shirts.
Location: Edgwater Park, 3100 Edgewater Drive, Woodbury, MN 55125
Fishing Derby Rules:
1. Be considerate of other people fishing
2. Be considerate of each other
3. There will be a few scout leaders to assist with baiting and taking fish off hooks. Taking fish off hooks will take precedence to baiting hooks. So if you can bait your own hook you will not have to wait.
4. Be nice to the fish!
5. Share the fishing spots.
6. Be safe - watch where you are casting!
7. Fish must make it ON the dock and must be checked by an adult leader to measure the fish.
8. There will be prizes for the most, biggest, & most unique catch (and maybe more). The best part about fishing is you never know what's on the other end of the line!
See everyone on July 29th. Parents, If you're a fishing enthusiast and have any extra rods or would like to help at the event please let me know.
See you at the Fishing Pier!
Assistant Cubmaster - Outdoor Activities Coordinator