The Pack 60 Fishing Derby is ON!
Due to Blue-Green Algae, the location of our Fishing Derby has been moved to the POWERS LAKE fishing pier.
10000 Brookview Road, Woodbury
Park by the playground, then walk South along the trail until you come to the fishing pier.
This year's Fishing Derby's location has changed to the fishing pier at the POWERS LAKE FISHING PIER - 10000 Brookview Road, Woodbury, MN on Wednesday, August 9th from 5:30-7:30pm.
The Fishing Derby is for both new and experienced young fisherman with the chance to learn some additional fishing skills and have a bit of competitive fun!
Prizes with be handed out for the biggest, smallest, most, and most variety of fish.
Please bring your own fishing gear if you have it. Returning Scouts should have their fishing rods from last year's registration. For those without gear, the pack WILL have some extra rods and tackle for use at the event. The Pack will also supply bait, a snack, and drinking water for the event.
Please wear your "Class B" activity T-Shirts instead of your uniform to this event. If you want to purchase a t-shirt, we will have them available at the Derby.
Finally... this is also a "bring a friend" event! Please bring a friend or two whom you think would enjoy learning more about Cub Scouts!
2023 Location: POWES LAKE FISHING PIER - 10000 Brookview Road, Woodbury, MN
Fishing Derby Rules:
1. Be considerate of other people fishing
2. Be considerate of each other
3. There will be a few scout leaders to assist with baiting and taking fish off hooks. Taking fish off hooks will take precedence to baiting hooks. So if you can bait your own hook you will not have to wait.
4. Be nice to the fish!
5. Share the fishing spots.
6. Be safe - watch where you are casting!
7. Fish must make it ON the dock and must be checked by an adult leader to measure the fish.
8. There will be prizes for the most, biggest, & most unique catch (and maybe more). The best part about fishing is you never know what's on the other end of the line!
Parents, If you're a fishing enthusiast and have any extra rods or would like to help at the event please let me know.
See you at the Fishing Pier!
Outdoor Activities Coordinator